Circa 1760, the blade is quite typical of the period with it two fullers, one wide, one narrow. The blade is 28" long, 1 5/16" wide at the hilt. The guard is made from polished brass with the cutouts so popular at the time, ending in a grooved pommel. The grip is hardwood, covered with fine black leather and brass twisted wire in the grooves. A very handsome weapon, all metal parts are brass and nicely polished.